Menu

Jorginho could be torn between signing for Manchester United or Manchester City

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has once again been linked to Napoli midfielder Jorginho ahead of the summer transfer window. At the end of the season, Michael Carrick will hang up his boots and take up a seat on the bench, as a coach. Marouane Fellaini is also tipped to be leaving the Old Trafford club, meaning Mourinho may need to sign two new midfielders in a bid to strengthen the engine of his squad ahead of the biggest season yet – taking on the might that is Manchester City.

Just over a month ago, United were going to go head to head with City to sign Fred from Shakhtar Donetsk. Reports on Wednesday suggested that City were no longer interested in the Brazilian, opting instead for Brazilian-born Jorginho, a player United and Liverpool had been linked to already this season. The Italian international will most likely cost upwards of £50 million this summer and with City being on a budget, according to ‘cheque book manager’ Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho is said to hold Jorginho at the top of his wish-list this summer, a list which is also said to contain Jean-Micheal Seri, Fred, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and even Carlos Soler. All players have been linked to the club at some point, some not for a good few months, others a bit longer, most will be recycled through the daily newspapers between here and Timbuktu between now and the closure of the summer transfer window, which will come before the Premier League season starts.

The reports state that Guardiola, seemingly looking to get rid of Yaya Toure, seeking to ease the reliance on Fernandinho, bringing in a new midfielder to help his side ‘dominate for years to come’ which is something the ‘excited’ City supporters think will happen, probably because it happened to Manchester United. That said, those same supporters feel that United’s dominance has ended, meaning it can never come back. They are excited, aren’t they?

It is suggested that United will ‘have to work hard’ to sign Jorginho this summer. The club has already held ‘outline’ talks with the player’s representatives. It is also stated that United, who allegedly missed out on the player last summer, are ready to ‘hijack’ City’s potential deal for the Italian international. All these buzz words by the media seem to suggest something is actually happening, even when something may not be happening, yet anyway. I guess they have newspapers to sell and click bait traffic to lure on the internet.

Napoli are said to be keen on cashing in on Jorginho this summer and despite Liverpool being once linked to the player, it would seem the two Manchester clubs are the only option for the Brazilian-born Italian international. Napoli has offered Jorginho a new contract, but the 26-year-old is up for a new challenge, away from Italy. Whether Mourinho or Guardiola get their man this summer, it is going to be eventful with City seeking to reinvest in their squad, to continue their rise – which could not be done without an injection of money, with United looking to challenge them.

Speak Your Mind

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Other news you may also like

April 8, 2018

Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini is subject to interest from Premier League rivals Liverpool according to reports coming out of France. The Belgian is expec… Read more

April 16, 2017

Manchester United beat Chelsea 2-0 in their third meeting this season. Marcus Rashford struck home in the seventh minute of the match, assisted by Ander Herrera, who doub… Read more

January 24, 2018

Manchester United will go head to head with Manchester City to sign Nice midfielder Jean-Michael Seri this month according to David McDonnell of The Mirror. United were n… Read more

May 18, 2019

Over the course of the 2018/19 Premier League season, Manchester United learned that the squad they have amassed was just not good enough. Six years after their last lea… Read more

copyright: PB

%d bloggers like this: