Menu

Manchester United 90% certain to sign attacking player, says Oliveirense director

Manchester United’s summer transfer window seems to be continuing, at least for the Academy who are reportedly close to the signing of 19-year-old Oliveirense attacker, Bruno Amorim. Notícias ao Minuto, via Agência Lusa, which was reported by Sport Witness, has confirmed that the player is a 90% certainty to sign for United this summer after Oliveirense communications director António José Leite has suggested. Amorim will be expected to link up with Ricky Sbragia’s U23 side ahead of the start of the season. United’s U23’s play on Monday against Leicester City away from home, a match the player may be involved in as a trialist, who knows. Speaking to Agência Lusa, which was translated by Sport Witness, António José Leite said:

“He had been promoted to the main squad but the scouting was already alert and decided to take him there. At this time the business is 90% done and he may have an excellent contract ahead. The contract will shortly be announced, but he is a future bet at United.”

Addressing the questions asked about the monetary terms involved in the transfer, Leite said:

“We’ll receive training rights, because he’s always been trained here, although in monetary terms it may not be more than that because there may be other exchanges. These details are not yet defined. But the training rights and future sales of the player are guaranteed gains.”

Since the arrival of Jose Mourinho last summer, United have been scouting more teams in Portugal, and not just the likes of Benfica. FC Porto, and Sporting. Mourinho has the club looking in the lower leagues in Portugal for players, seemingly this being one of the success stories of this, should the transfer actually cross the line. Clubs have, in the past suggested transfers are close, and that not actually happen, that has happened with more high-profile players such as Nicolas Gaitan, who seemed to be linked to United during every transfer window with the player eventually moving to Atletico Madrid instead, United missing out, of course.

Sport Witness suggest this is what the big clubs in Portugal have been doing, signing young players with prospects, slapping big release clauses on them and selling them on for a massive profit. This is not an indication that United will be doing the same, just beating clubs like Benfica and Sporting from doing so, with United prospering from a good, young, attacking prospect who could be the next big thing in a year or so. United have been short of attacking players in the U23’s for some time, playing without an out-and-out striker last season with players like Josh Harrop, who has now left the club filling the void left, and doing well at it despite the age group not winning the Premier League 2 and coming close to relegation.

Speak Your Mind

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Other news you may also like

August 8, 2017

Manchester United were beaten 2-1 by Real Madrid in the UEFA Super Cup on Wednesday evening which gave the Old Trafford club something to think about ahead of their Premi… Read more

June 27, 2020

Manchester United beat Norwich City 2-1 at Carrow Road, reaching the semi-final of the Emirates FA Cup this season. Odion Ighalo scored the opening goal in the 51st minu… Read more

June 27, 2017

Manchester United target Ivan Perisic is reportedly prepared to reject Inter Milan’s new contract offer in order to leave the club for Manchester United this summer… Read more

September 28, 2016

Manchester United go into what is potentially their easiest game of the season to date as they face Ukrainian minnows Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League. United come into… Read more

copyright: PB

%d bloggers like this: