Menu

Manchester United have ‘seduced’ Bruno Fernandes; Miguel Pinho in England and Sporting to decide by Sunday – reports

Bruno Fernandes has returned to pre-season training with Sporting Lisbon and in Portugal, there are many stories about him in the media. The player has been linked to Manchester United since at least February and it is expected that the 24-year-old will leave the Portuguese club this summer.

Recent claims, which came from Italy, suggested that Fernandes has agreed on personal terms with the Old Trafford club. It was suggested on Wednesday that these claims were not true. On Thursday, Portuguese newspaper, Record has suggested the same, also stating that Sporting has not yet received an offer for Fernandes, which was reported yesterday also.

Another Portuguese newspaper, O Jogo, has reported that the 24-year-old’s agent, Miguel Pinho, is currently in England (reports on Wednesday suggested he was going to be heading to England) and it is likely that he will receive official bids for Fernandes; said to be from United, Tottenham Hotspur. The ‘offers’ are expected to be relayed back to Sporting in the coming days.

Another Portuguese newspaper, Jornal de Notícias, gives similar information but there are major differences. They suggest that Pinho is travelling to England today, not yesterday, also stating that United has ‘seduced’ Fernandes and that the club has offered him between €5 million and €6 million a year to join the club – something that other newspapers have suggested is not the case – which seems confusing. Someone is wrong somewhere.

Sporting are now said to be demanding €60 million for the player to leave the club this summer, which has been €70 million in the last few weeks, so perhaps they are starting to realise that with it being suggested in England that Spurs, Liverpool and Manchester City have all ruled themselves out of the running for the player, leaving just United in the running, they may not get what they actually demand. United seem to be offering nothing close to that, based on previous reports.

A fourth Portuguese newspaper has joined the Fernandes saga today, Correio da Manhã. They have talked about the possibility of Fernandes staying at the Estádio José Alvalade this summer. It talks about €35 million clause in his contract, which if rejected, Fernandes’ agent will receive €5 million. It is also stated that Pinho is in England to receive offers from United and Spurs and that Sporting president, Federico Varandas will have until the 7 July, the say Sporting heads to Switzerland, to make a decision.

Obviously, United will be heading to Australia on Sunday to prepare for their pre-season tour, in which they will face Perth Glory and Leeds United in the country before heading to Singapore to face Inter Milan, and Shanghai to face Spurs. United will then head back to Europe, where they will face Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s former club, Kristiansund in Oslo, Norway and AC Milan in Cardiff, Wales. United will want Fernandes to be a part of the pre-season tour, so the sooner this gets solved, the better.

Other news you may also like

July 2, 2018

Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian has revealed that he could sign for Inter Milan, Juventus or Napoli this summer. The 28-year-old right-back has been used sparin… Read more

August 27, 2020

Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has stated that Portugal and Juventus winger Cristiano Ronaldo is always interested in the latest developments from the Old … Read more

November 11, 2016

Chris Smalling has been out of action for Manchester United recently, last playing against Chelsea in a 4-0 humiliation for Jose Mourinho’s side on his first visit … Read more

February 14, 2020

Manchester United transfer target Jadon Sancho is reportedly ready to turn down interest from elsewhere to join the Old Trafford club this summer. Earlier this week, the… Read more

copyright: PB

%d bloggers like this: